Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Note Concerning Unoriginality

I think it's safe to say that posers annoy everyone (that's what earns them that classification, after all). They annoy me so much, I actually don't really like using the word poser, but there's no other great description for the particular brand of person I'm talking about. Specifically, I'm annoyed by the face-punchingly sucktastic combination of posers with guitars. Don't even act like you don't know what I'm talking about- you do. You went to high-school with at least a few of them. They would be the Jack Johnson loving, hemp-necklace wearing, borderline stoner-kids that picked up a guitar to get into some girl's pants, and felt the need to hone their skills during lunch in the cafeteria. And you know what? It probably worked.



It's so cool that you play guitar. I bet most guys can't play the opening to "Smoke On The Water" on the low E-string.

Don't even get me started on the ukelele kids.

The silver thread that outlines this otherwise miserable cloud of douchebaggery is that once posers learn a few chords, they usually try their hand at songwriting, and then the universe balances itself back out.





-L

No comments:

Post a Comment